Sunday, January 15, 2012

I am NOT just a SAHM

For those who don't use forums or use online short forms I'll help you out.

SAHM = Stay At Home Mom!

It has always been my dream to not only be a Mom but a SAHM. Thanks to my amazing Mr. Rooster I have gotten to live that dream. I've discovered that there is so much more to being a SAHM then most people think, especially when you have more than one chick!! I never imagined that being a SAHM would actually be "work". I thought it would be an easy, relaxing thing to do, then I had kids and found out that being a SAHM is a FULL TIME JOB! You work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, no weekends, no sick days, and no one to cover a shift if you can't make it in!
 Cooking, cleaning, playing, reading, teaching, and playgroups! Sure it sounds fun, but it's a lot of planning, scheduling and organizing all with chicks that sometimes scream their heads off or won't let you sleep at night.  I am always amazed at how much cleaning there is to do when you and your kids are home all day!
But it's the life I've always wanted and I'm so happy to be living it!

Yes, being a SAHM has always been a dream of mine and now a reality!
Though, recently I've come to realize, as my life keeps changing, that those four letters don't fully define what my current life is.
Although I still class myself as a SAHM and tell people that's what I do, things have changed and so should the title.

MFTSAHM/WAHM might be a better way to describe my current situation
Mostly Full Time Stay At Home Mom/Work At Home Mom

I work part time outside of the home right now, but only about 15-20hours a week. I also have a small from home business so sometimes I'm working from home. I'm also home with my chicks the rest of the time so I still class myself as a SAHM.

Gosh, now that I write it out there are so many more letters to add...
My title could be...

MFTSAHM/WAHM/GOAOAICM
Mostly Full Time Stay At Home Mom/Work At Home Mom/Get Out As Often As I Can Mom

When the weather is nice I love getting out of the house. Going for walks to the park, store, or playdate, I love getting out and enjoying the nice weather. Even in the cold we still go out for playgroups as often as we can!

The four letters that I once thought I wanted to define me have changed a lot over the past few years, though the basic meaning is still the same. I want to be with my chicks as much as I possibly can, but I wouldn't say I want to be just "Staying Home" there is so much more I want to do with them and there's so much more to me.



No comments: