Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Mom Language

I don't swear in front of the kids at all but before I had my chicks I had a bit of a potty mouth! Since I don't agree with swearing in front of children I have had to develop a new "language" to cope, one I call,
"The Mom Language". 
I find the funniest things coming out of my mouth in a moment of pain or frustration!
Some examples:
"Bang it" instead of "D**n it"
"Mother, Mother, Mother" usually when I'm in pain instead of  "Mother F*****".
"Fluff it" instead of "F*** it".
and a few other ones that must really sound silly to the outside world, but to my chicks, when they hear a steam of strange words, they know Mommy's in pain or ticked off!

Some of the things that come out of my mouth actually make me giggle at times.
The other day I caught myself saying, "Ah poop on a kaiser! LOL
A lot of the sayings I say aren't even to replace an actual swear word but more to give me something else to say.
I find myself saying weird things like, "Ah, pickle pop" all the time! My kids are going to think I'm so weird. LOL

The even funnier part of this is that I've now started to use some of these words when I'm not around my kids!
I'll be at work and bang my elbow and yell, "A son of a biscuit!"
I sure get a lot of strange looks.

1 comment:

cdnkaro said...

Haha, love it! My daughter said "What the fudge?" the other day. I was not happy with Daddy-lol. It needs to be changed more than that!